September 19, 2006

A week on the road!

Well, this is Tuesday morning, so it is a week we have been traveling. Seen many sights! But the bad news is that I didn't sleep at all again last night, so that is two nights in a row.

Yesterday Connie did all the driving, and we went up to Taos and then through the nearby forests and towns. Last evening we checked in to a very nice older motel on Route 66 in Santa Fe, the El Ray. Really, it is so nice! But once again I was caught into my can't breathe/cough/sweat/have to sit up routine, and really got no rest.

We have a room here for tonight as well, and a number of errands to do, as well as fine things to see. But I am less enthusiastic than before about going very much further west. Hopefully my condition will improve, but it if got worse, I would like to be in striking distance of home.

The landscape here is so different, and very spectacular. I think that is what I am enjoying the most! Anyhow, even with not feeling well, it is a very worthwhile trip.

No comments: